Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day two of Singapore - the Morning...

I was staying at the Daintree Apartments no far from a National Park area, and there were plenty of monkeys in this area..  Keith got me up early and took me up into the Rainforest looking for them before the heat of the day.  It was still hot despite it being early though!  

Here a monkey is unperturbed b a worker walking to work... He snarled at me though after though - obviously doesn't like Papparazzi.  The monkey that is, not the worker!


I often feel like this baby.  Wouldn't it be lovely to run away sometimes...


I often feel  like this too!


Up in the rainforest were several people doing yoga, and a swordsman.  I wondered for a minute if I were safe!!


The quarry lake was calm with great reflections.  I had hoped that I would see Kingfishers, but there were none that morning!


I had this feeling of being watched, so looked up.  Sure enough..

It was hot, so while waiting for the Kingfishers, I sat down, and watched an ant crawl past my foot.  I wondered if it was a biting ant as it was quite big. I din't try and find out though!


Turtles swam lazily past...


And the sunrise lit up the leaves...


On the way back down I found gorgeous orchids, covered in ants...


And I was amused by some of the signage on the road going back to our apartments...




Back at the Raintree, I grabbed my togs and headed to the pool and slept there for two hours as I was so jetlagged and I hadn't slept that well that night. I always find jetlag is worse on the way home from Europe than on the way there. It was rather pleasant by the pool.  I could get used to the life, but not sure I could get used to the heat!

No comments: