Thursday, October 13, 2016

Happy Birthday to me in Lodz, Poland

We had a slow morning this morning. It was raining outside and freezing cold, and the washing we had done the night before by hand wasn't dry. I got showered and dressed first, then went downstairs nad out to buy some more fleece tights for us both as it's so cold. We had found some yesterday for only 20 Zloty - which is about 5 euros. They are very warm. That under the jeans and an extra tshirt -and I was much warmer today.

As I flew down the stairs - yes - been taking the stairs instead of the lift - 10 flights, 5 floors, I decided to stop and show you the marble and red carpet!


After going to the shop I wandered down the street for a little way - there are really neat sculptures along the street. Thisone is Artur Rubenstein - the pianist. You can't see it but his nose is bright yellow and shiny so it's obviously good luck to rub his nose. Probaqbly needs wiping in this wet and cold weather!


I went back and gave the shopping to Anne then we went out for a coffee. It was cold. So a Kahlua coffee for morning tea was just the ticket. It went straight to my head. We then walked down to the end of the street (a long one) to see what was there.


This is what was there...


And another sculpture...


We had some lunch, then I went back to the hotel to pick up my gloves, then we headed back out in the afternoon where Anne shouted me an afternoon of a manicure, pedicure, massage and eyebrows. New Eyebrows are a must at 55. We passed some beautiful buildings...




Murals...


Another sculpture...


The main tram station...


More building murals...


And then the day spa - here's Anne deciding on my eyebrows! When they were finished her mouth was open - we are not used to seeing me with eyebrows.


Back to the hotel for a vino - showing off our nails...


And then out for dinner and some more birthday drinks - hic!  I had the Mojito just like when I turned 50. One every five years surely can't hurt!


We have an early start tomorrow with a 5.30am train to Poznan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great birthday day