Thursday, November 5, 2009

My House Started Today :)

Yep - that's right. Driving from the farm up towards Renwick, I noticed some 'dust' billowing in the air and I said - Hmmmmm I think my house has started. So Carol drove me up to my section and sure enough... This is what I found...



Yep - a digger on the lot, digging out the shape of my floor plan. Just take a look at that blue sky though. I hear it RAINED in Auckland today!! It was hot down here, and sunny, and beautiful - as it always is!

Here's that digger again - it's working on my bedroom. You can see the spring growth on the vineyard in the distance.



I jokingly said the guys - 'I thought the roof would be on by now'. They told me it arrives tomorrow!!!! (I don't think so!)



We drove back late afternoon to find the guys had stopped working! I wish they could work day and night so I could get in the house faster! Looks like the concrete slab might go down tomorrow from this photo....



Ohhhh I'm getting excited now, especially seeing I picked out all the colours yesterday. I'll reveal those as they come to hand during the build.

7 comments:

Morgan said...

Fucking awesome!

Do you have room next door for a neighbor? I don't think you should have all of that blue sky to yourself.

Anonymous said...

Your new house is very low rise, considering the roof is going on tomorrow

Anonymous said...

The lots around me are still unsold - plenty there for everyone :)

Anonymous said...

Yep - very low rise roof! I'm short lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn, You never mentioned how "sweet" you were on the builder/supervisor ... that you were looking flushed when you got in the car lol

Anonymous said...

Shhhhhhhh!

wiewiĆ³rka said...

What a lovely view you will have, such a blue sky, mountains, those trees and huge space around you. Great place to biuld a house.

cheers :)