Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nice - Antibes - Cannes

I'm really behind in the blog now.  Several reasons - firstly I lost my reading glasses and couldn't see even to type, let alone to see the actual images. Secondly, I was without an internet connect for a while, and thirdly, I've been too tired at night to organise everything, and didn't want to seem to be rude to the people I was staying with, by working on the computer!! 

Anyway - We arrived in Nice on Friday night.  I was pretty unwell with a bad cold, so Anne let me sleep in that morning, so we didn't get to start exploring until 9am on Saturday.  First up - on the way to the train station to catch a train to Antibes, I found this shop that did childrens clothing with the name of Lisa Rose. My cousin.  Very upmarket and very expensive.  And gorgeous quality and clothes.

We stayed in a hostel in a very nice area of Nice.  All around us were the shops - Louis Vuitton, Armani, Cartier, etc...  The hostel was cheap in comparison!


We arrived in Antibes by train and wandered down to the waterfront...


Little cobblestoned streets...

We found a covered market selling all sorts of food and had fun tasting everything... Macarons...

White Asparagus (we didn't taste these!)

I found a whole cart of courgette flowers for sale.  I've found a new market for our shops in New Zealand - I will start picking the flowers!

More little alleyways with lovely boutique shops along them...

Like this shop for of olive oils.  They looked so nice with lots of different flavours...

By the church, we found the Picasso museum, but unfortunately it was closed so we didn't get to see it.
 


On the way back to the train we went through the market again, and decided to try this dish.  I think it was called a Nicoise or something similar.

That's our piece she's cutting and seasoning - note it's steaming hot.


On the way back to the train station, still more shops with gorgeous cobblestones on the street..

And a fabulous choclate shop.  The cakes and chocolates were amazing.

And an interesting water feature not far from the train station.


Next stop - Cannes...

1 comment:

Vivie said...

*giggle*

Sell flowers?? LOL. Courgette blossoms here are considered a delicacy - we stuff them with rice and we bake/fry them. And eat. I don't eat them , but my parents make them regularly.