Monday, September 20, 2010

Incoming Storm

Back in May when it was still Autumn, I went over to Mary's in the late afternoon. She popped me onto the back of the 4 wheel motorbike (now they are fun!) and she took me up to feed the chooks at the top of the hill. I came prepared with my camera and was so pleased I did.

A storm was coming in from the southwest, but to the north and east it was still blue and sunny. This gave me some quite spectacular lighting and it looked liked we were riding into something dangerous...


We turned right up here and headed up the hill. The scenery was spectacular! There is something about lines that attract me...


This was a bit higher up the hill. I loved the way the vines made a patchwork of colour, in their various shades of autumns...


I tried to be clever and take the photograph at the same time as moving my lens. I was trying for the impressionist/action look.. How did I do?..


This is Mary, the modern day farmer complete with cellphone! And this is the chookhouse. Rather large! They weren't getting much luck with the eggs as the falcon was swooping into the barn and stealing them. The chooks have now been moved down onto the flat!


Looking one way - bright yellow under a blue sky...


Then turn around and you see the storm is definitely incoming...


Let's go a bit closer..


I think that's far enough. It looks like it might get 'wet'! Soon! I prefer looking at the fair weather!


This is at the top looking over the valley toward Blenheim and Picton..


And again, with the chookhouse in view... Do you get the feeling I like the view? Are you bored yet?


Thought I could do another one with the blue sky that is so normal in Marlborough. It never rains down here. Much. Except for this year. They tell me it's really unusual. Then they tell me I brought it all down from Auckland when I moved. Yeah Right!


So time to head back down before it really does rain..


And rain it did!

Blenheim in Autumn is just stunning. Make sure you come and visit me at that time of the year!

6 comments:

Morgan said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

I know you are not supposed to shout on the internet but... WOW!

Anonymous said...

I'm deaf, can't hear you! You might have to be louder :)

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree you brought the Rain with you when you moved from Auckland lol ;)

Linda

Anonymous said...

Ha! Then lets hope a glorious summer shall follow and you will have to disagree :)

Cheers
Robyn

John Brooks said...

These really are superb photographs. That storm looks very threatening.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks John,

The storm did look threatening, but all it did in the end was drop a little rain :)

I'm just glad that I got the images before it did :)

Cheers
Robyn